Most people ask how to get more traffic, but they’re just putting a bandage on the real problem. They often need to plug up their leaks before adding gas to the fire.
After we did tons of website audits, we saw a trend of common problems prevent website owners from not seeing the results they want from their website. Fear not, I’m going to tell you what they are and how to fix it.
What you are going to learn
- Common mistakes that decrease your website conversion rate
- How to double your website conversion rate
1) Make sure it is clear on what you offer in the first five seconds
You have about 5 seconds to make an impression on the site visitor. You have to convey what you do in the first 5 seconds. Take your core service, boil it down in a sentence or two.
Then make a clear call to action.
Things that you should avoid
- Don’t use any splash screens with your logo or anything like that
- Don’t try to be fancy, get your message across
- Remove anything that is fighting for the user’s focus. Your message is the star here.
2) Make your call to action clear
Now for the call to action. What action you want the user to take.
If you want to get more phone calls, then you might want to have a button that pops off of the page, and it’s clickable.
Keys for a highly converting call to action
- Use a bright color that contrasts your brand’s color
- Use animations and have hover effects
- Stay away from using just text that just is underlined
3) Show social proof right away
Right below the fold. You should front-load your client’s testimonials. Try to think customers are and what are commons problems they have.
Reach out past clients that have similar problems and ask for a testimonial.
Ways you can use this
- Make a video that showcases customer’s problems and have your customers explain how your business solved it.
- Have a testimonial carousel under your call to action
- Show your clients logos on your website. This work well when you work with big brand
4) Simply your messaging
Alight, this is a big one. Most websites I see have to much noise. I see roofers offering carpet install, and they have a dog walking business on the weekends. All on the same page!
How to fix this
- Focus on one offer and one call to actions on each page
- Break down Hugh text blocks into scannable headings and a bulleted list
- Remove anything that doesn’t help the user take the next step.
5) Make website loads fast
Lastly, if you do anything, do this one. You want your website to load fast. Studies have shown people are not patient. If your e appear right away, they will leave. If your website loads fast, at least you have shot to get a conversion.
How to speed to up your website fast
- Compress your images (this is the most common issue)
- Make use of a CDN
- Use browser cache
- Uninstall any plugins that are not being used
Doing the following tips above will increase your conversion rate.
Do you have any tips? let us know in the comments